My Current Favourite Drugstore/High Street Make Up

It's been a busy few weeks and therefore I've seriously slacked on the blogging front but I'm back and wanted to share my current drugstore/high street make up favourites!

I tend to invest mostly in high end make up and even that is after extensive research online and reading review upon review (I'm only human though so I'm obviously guilty of an odd impulse purchase here or there!) until I pluck up the courage to splash my cash. However, with make up brands bringing out new releases every week, it's often tempting to pick up a few bits when I pop in to Boots or Superdrug.

It's not so much that I'm a make up snob (who doesn't like a bit of luxury?) but sometimes I feel disappointed with drugstore/high street make up when the colour pay off, longevity etc. doesn't live up to my expectations. These products, however, are currently floating my boat...




Kiko Water Eyeshadow in 208

Ok, so technically this is an eyeshadow that can be used wet or dry, however, this has been raved about online as making a fabulous highlighter. I was dubious until I went in to my local Kiko and had a swatch. It is a beautiful gold highlighter (think TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer but more gold). It's pretty pigmented so I'm light handed with it but it's definitely one of the best highlighters I've ever used and at a reasonable price!




NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Gleam

I originally had my heart set on the Nars Orgasm Illuminator, however, after researching online, found this was supposed to be a good dupe. I wasn't disappointed. Having swatched both - they are pretty much identical and at a fraction of the price, you cannot go wrong. I dab this with my fingers above my cheekbones for a fresh look. If I really want to amp it up, I go over it with powder highlight. FYI - I love pairing it with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop.




Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in Bittersweet

Sleek is one of my favourite drugstore/high street make up brands. The colour payoff, pigmentation and longevity of their products never fails to amaze me and at super affordable prices. The formula of these liquid lipsticks is reminiscent of Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. No dryness and opaque coverage. I would say in terms of longevity, perhaps not the longest lasting liquid lipstick but the pigmentation and formula outweigh this! A subtle rose pink that would look good with almost any make up look and suit all complexions. For a darker complexion, this could be a fabulous nude!





L'Oreal Infallible Waterproof Gel Crayon Eyeliner in Back to Black

I picked this up initially as it had the word "waterproof" on it. None of my current eyeliners are waterproof and I wanted to see how this held up through the sweaty summer days. It is an intense black with a matte finish. I love using this on my upper and lower waterline (these days there is often no time for a winged eyeliner) and also looks great on my upper lash line smudged in for a smokey look. In terms of longevity, perhaps not as great as some of my high end eyeliners but still a great eyeliner to add to any make up collection.




Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil in Dark Chocolate

I've actually used this eyebrow pencil in Hot Chocolate for years as it is a great dupe for one of my favourites - Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown. However, Soap and Glory have recently changed the formula on these and the names so I picked up Dark Chocolate on my latest Boots run. They were on 3 for 2 so I made sure to stock up. At £8, it's probably not the cheapest brow pencil on the high street but it looks amazingly natural and I love that the formula isn't crazy pigmented so there is no chance of over-filling my brows. I love that there is a spoolie on the other end to brush my brows in to place.


I'm always on the look out for recommendations - which drugstore/high street make up products do you swear by?

P x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig