Review: L'Oréal Infallible Shaping Stick Foundation & L'Oréal Infallible Highlighter Stick



My blog can get a little high-end heavy but I can assure you, I love a good mooch down the make up aisles in Boots and Superdrug to keep an eye on any new releases or must-have products!

I was really looking forward to trying out the foundation stick from L'Oréal when I first saw the adverts on Instagram. I'm quite fussy when it comes to foundation but I was intrigued how this would look used as a cream contour. I don't really contour to be honest, I just use bronzer for an all over bronzed look and to warm up my skin but I haven't really dabbled with the whole cream contour thing and I felt like I was missing out a little!



 


I picked out the shade 220 Toffee Caramel to use as a contour. It was warmer than I'd like but still a lovely shade. L'Oréal had a 3 for 2 offer so I picked up this gorgeous stick highlighter in the shade 502 Gold Is Gold as well as the new Back To Bronze matte bronzer in 02 Sunkiss (I wrote a mini review on this on my Instagram - click the link to my Instagram on the right for a read).

I was so impressed by the pigmentation in the stick foundation. It was so creamy to apply and so easy to blend and buff in to the skin for a natural looking contour. I drew thin lines along my cheekbones and a couple of lines around my hairline and blended it out using my Real Techniques Sculpting Brush. You could leave the look there or go over it with a contour powder/bronzer for a more intense look. I liked the effect on its own but can see myself going over with a powder product for more staying power.

I dotted the stick highlighter along the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, browbone and just above my brows. I patted the product in using my fingers to warm the product and allow for even distribution. I tend to use my fingers for liquid/cream highlighters as I find it easier to work them in to the skin.



The highlighter is a stunning shade of warm gold with subtle pink tones. I wasn't expecting any pink tones to come through when I bought this but I actually quite like the warmth this brings to the highlighter - no chance of it looking frosty! It's not the most intense highlighter but definitely buildable and I can see myself layering powder highlighter on top for when I want an extra bit of oomph! I've been loving dabbling with liquid and cream highlighters lately and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this highlighter as it's so easy to use (no brushes needed) and I can use it on the go. I think this may become a permanent fixture in my make up bag for when I'm feeling lazy but want a little glow.




Overall, I'm loving these two stick products and it's no secret L'Oréal is one of my favourite drugstore/high street brands for make up. If you're new to stick foundation or looking for a product to use for a cream contour, this foundation stick is fool-proof and so creamy and blendable. If you like your highlighter subtle and quick, this highlighter stick is perfect to throw in to your make up bag.

Have you tried any of the stick products from L'Oréal?

P x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig