Review: Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter



Ah, Charlotte Tilbury. Where do I begin? From the gorgeous, luxurious rose gold packaging, high quality products to her amazing make up artistry and energetic persona - I just love her and her brand!

Every time she launches something new, I just know it's going to be brilliant. This is what I love about her make up line - it is consistently good.

Earlier this month, she launched the Hollywood Flawless Filter - a primer/highlighter hybrid that promises an Instagram-esque filter to the face, blurring pores and fine lines and providing a "mega-watt" glow to the face. Charlotte describes this as a "revolutionary category in make up."

I love dewy foundations/dewy skin in general. I tend to have quite dry skin (particularly during the winter months) therefore opt for light to medium coverage foundations that promise radiance and provide a little moisture. 

What drew me to this particular product is that it not only acts as a primer that's moisturising, blurs pores and fine lines but also gives a slight tint to the skin and promises a "superstar-lit skin". This sounded right up my street. As a mum to a 9 month old baby, I'm constantly looking tired and most days wish for something that can boost my complexion and make me look radiant and awake. Cue the Hollywood Flawless Filter!

I was initially confused as to which shade to buy. Though I have medium toned skin, sometimes I find medium toned products tend to be a little darker than my skin tone and lean more olive/tan. I almost went for Shade 3 - Light/Medium but this had a peach undertone whereas the Shade 4 - Medium had a golden yellow undertone. I opted for Shade 4 _ Medium and was not disappointed. This was a perfect match for my MAC NC25-30 skin tone!



I love the nude pink cardboard packaging and the glass bottle with the rose gold lid looks beautiful in my vanity area. The product applies with what I can only describe as a giant doe-foot applicator!



The Hollywood Flawless Filter can be used under foundation, mixed in with foundation and dotted along the cheekbones/bridge of the nose/temples/brow bone etc. as a highlighter. I love how multi functional it is!

 



It has a creamy texture, similar to that of a tinted moisturiser. Thick enough to be noticeable but thin enough to blend out with ease.

I dotted a little all over my face and used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend it all out. I looked like I had super glossy, flawless skin but didn't feel there was any coverage from the product. I then applied my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation using a damp BeautyBlender. The results once I had finished my make up? See for yourself...



GLOWING skin! My skin looked so radiant, flawless and just amazing. I didn't look greasy which was what I was dreading. My skin just looked healthy and luminous with not a pore in sight! (N.B. I didn't use highlight!)

I'm truly blown away by this magic in a bottle. It's like nothing I've ever used before. If you have oily skin, I would say this perhaps isn't for you as it does contain what Charlotte describes as "Glossy Oil" that provides moisture and radiance. If, however, you have dry/combination skin and love that fresh, dewy look, you NEED this in your life. A little goes a long way - this will last you ages.

The Hollywood Flawless Filter comes in 7 shades ranging from fair to dark (yay!) and retails at £30 for 30ml.


Are you thinking of buying the Hollywood Flawless Filter? I'm sure you will love it just as much as I do!

P x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig