Review: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Liquid Concealer



I’m a sucker for a good concealer, it’s my favourite base product as it makes such a difference to how my make up looks overall. I use concealer not just to conceal but also to brighten the under eye area and centre of my face.

My love for Charlotte Tilbury make up hit new levels when I spotted and tried the new Magic Away concealer. It promises to reduce the appearance of dark circles, cover blemishes and instantly give the skin a fresh, second skin look. Best of all, it’s full coverage and contains Wild Indigo, renowned for enhancing luminosity.

I’m always on the hunt for a concealer that not only provides great coverage but also looks natural and brightening as opposed to matte and flat.




Firstly, look at the gorgeous packaging. You cannot go wrong with rose gold and what makes it even more luxurious is the slight weight to the tube. The concealer comes with a pointed sponge applicator and the bottom of the tube is twisted to dispense the product. Whilst I like applying the concealer with the sponge tip, I prefer to blend it away with a damp BeautyBlender/dense buffing brush.




There are 16 shades available which means there is a shade for every skin tone. I opted for Shade 6 which is a light golden shade for medium skin tones with neutral and warm undertones. This was actually two shades darker than I like my concealer. I’m off on holiday soon so this will be perfect for when I’m a little more tanned. I will be ordering Shade 4 in this and will provide a comparison on my Instagram for reference.




The texture of the concealer is like nothing I’ve used before. Full coverage yet light, sets beautifully without settling in to any fine lines or creasing. It definitely has a luminous finish and has a more satin finish compared to other full coverage concealers I have used. I can see myself reaching for this daily as it’s full coverage but still looks natural. I found I only need the tiniest bit of powder to set it - it doesn’t really require powder as it barely creases throughout the day.

I’m really pleased with this concealer - I was a little dubious with how much it would conceal but it has the most wonderful texture and is so easy to blend out.

Here is a photo of me wearing the concealer - as you can see, it's pretty much the same colour as my skin tone but definitely hides my dark circles.




Charlotte Tilbury has some super exciting launches coming up and I cannot wait to get my hands on some of her new releases to add to my ever growing collection. 

What’s your favourite Charlotte Tilbury product? 

P x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig