Review: Urban Decay Naked Cherry Palette



Pink eyeshadow. It sounds scary but the reality is, the beauty industry have made this the eyeshadow shade du jour. 

Since 2015, there have been numerous releases of pink-dominated eyeshadow palettes. I remember purchasing the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and falling in love with the pale pink/rose gold tones. Next came the ABH Modern Renaissance palette and I remember being in awe of the bold pink shades and so excited to use them as they were so out of my comfort zone but also glad that there were some more wearable bronze and gold shades to balance out the pink.

The Naked Cherry, however, is in a league of it’s own. It’s unashamedly pink with hints of purple. Shimmery pink, matte pink, satin pink. Funnily enough, it’s super wearable and a really good mix of shimmer and matte shades to take you from day to night.



Urban Decay rarely disappoint when it comes to palettes and these shades have me so excited to get creative and go pink-crazy.



The palette comes in the classic 12-shade format. Sturdy plastic packaging with cherries along the front (cute!) and a mirror inside (always a winner), compete with a double ended brush (not brilliant but great for when you’re on the go).


The Naked Heat palette was, in my opinion, one of the more pigmented palettes in the Naked range and I was looking forward to the Naked Cherry as I was hoping the pigmentation would  be on par. Don’t get me wrong, the pigmentation is still good, but the shimmers are stiffer and not as buttery as the Naked Heat ones. The matte formula is still the same with the usual amount of kick back. I’m a little disappointed with the change in the formula of the shimmers but the gorgeous shades make up for it a little.

My favourite shades are Bang Bang, Ambitious, Drunk Dial and Privacy. The shade Hot Spot is the least appealing but would probably work as a matte brow highlighter. Young Love is a bold shimmer shade but I think it could work well when doing a smoky eye with Privacy in the outer-v to deepen and smoke out.







I have a party to attend on Saturday and this palette will most definitely be on my eyes...keep a look out on my Instagram. I’m hoping to film this weekend too so look out for a GRWM on my YouTube channel.

I purchased my palette from urbandecay.co.uk for £42 in the 48 hour pre-sale. The palette will be available for purchase mid-October.

Will you be buying the Naked Cherry palette or will you be giving it a miss?

P x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig