Review: Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Mutli-Use Sculpting Concealer



It’s no secret that the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation is one of my favourite foundations. It’s medium to full coverage (I never opt for full coverage foundations) but almost undetectable once on the face. It looks flawless and blurs and imperfections.

The Born This Way collection also consists of a concealer and setting powder which I never got round to buying. That changed when Too Faced launched their latest addition to the Too Faced Born This Way family. The new Born This Way Super Coverage concealer was added straight to my basket on the day it launched in the UK. It was all over Instagram and all the hype had me very excited to see what the fuss was about.

The Born This Way Super Coverage concealer is described as a multi-use sculpting concealer that can be used to conceal, contour, highlight and retouch. The formula contains hyaluronic acid to smooth skin, coconut water to moisturise and alpine rose to brighten the skin. 

The concealer claims to be long-wearing, hydrating, photo friendly and non-comedogenic. As with the Born This Way foundation, this concealer claims to be undetectable. 

There is a shade to suit every skin tone. I had to do a little guesswork with swatches online and opted for Vanilla to use as an under eye concealer. This was a perfect match for me! I like a slightly lighter concealer to brighten the under eyes.



The concealer comes housed in a pretty millennial pink box (my favourite colour!). I love the glass bottle with Too Faced’s signature embossed lettering along the top of the bottle. The black lid screws off to reveal a large doe foot applicator. What’s even more amazing than the concealer itself is the size and amount of product you receive. You get a whopping 15ml of product for just £24. I can see this is going to last me a very long time so is totally worth the high-end price tag.

The consistency of the concealer is creamy yet doesn’t feel thick or cakey on the skin. It really does look flawless and undetectable.

I applied mine under my eyes in a triangular shape (no need to dip back in to the bottle - just using what was already on the applicator for both eyes). I then blended it out with my damp BeautyBlender before setting with my Soap & Glory Kick Ass Powder. The concealer is so pigmented and blends out beautifully, almost melting in to the skin for a seamless finish. The weather in the UK has been incredibly hot this past couple of weeks and this held up ALL day in the 30c heat without creasing ! The colour match is perfect and really brightens my under eye area. One of the girls at work told me she wouldn’t have guessed my teething 13 month old baby had kept me up the past couple of nights. Result!

It’s honestly one of the best concealers I have EVER used. It’s definitely up there with my favourite MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. Holy grail status achieved! I watched a video Wayne Goss uploaded to YouTube stating it’s the best concealer ever and I’m totally with him on that.

Here it is in action...



Some of the reviews online have said the size is off putting but I just think it’s brilliant value for money (though it does take up a lot of room in my make up bag)!

Everyone needs this in their lives. You won’t regret it.

I will be uploading a video to my Instagram tomorrow showing how I apply this concealer.


Have you tried the Born This Way Super Coverage Concealer? Have I convinced you as to how amazing it is?!

P x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig