Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser - Liz Earle Dupe?!



If you're in to your beauty/skincare, you'll have heard of the iconic Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser that vloggers/bloggers swear by. It's a creamy cleanser with aromas of eucalyptus and rosemary that is applied directly on to the face before polishing it off with a wet, hand-hot muslin cloth. The results? Clean, fresh, soft skin.

I love the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser. It's one of my favourite cleansers for the summer as it feels refreshing on the skin and the eucalyptus essential oil feels cooling. 

Liz Earle describes the product as being "suitable for all skin types" and claims to "instantly remove daily grime and make-up, even stubborn mascara." 

The formula contains active ingredients of cocoa butter to soften the skin and provide moisture and eucalyptus, rosemary and chamomile to soothe and purify.

I like the sleek mint green bottle and love that it has a pump for ease of use (though I do often wonder how much of the product still remains in the bottle once it's "finished!").

I think a lot of the luxuriousness of this cleanser is the way in which it is used. I love the feeling of the hot muslin against my skin and it makes taking my make up off an enjoyable experience rather than a mundane task. I love that the muslin also provides gentle exfoliation to slough away dead skin cells. A splash of cold water after I've cleansed my face closes the pores and freshens my tired skin after a long day.

The Cleanse & Polish retails at £15.50 for 100ml (with a muslin cloth) which isn't particularly pricey but when used daily, can soon add up. These days, you're sure to find a similar product at a lower price on the high street and that is exactly what I discovered when I found the Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser in Aldi (yes, you read that right!) for £3.99!




I had heard about this dupe a while back but never managed to get my hands on it whenever Aldi had them in stock. It appears they bring it back every now and then but for the most part, it isn't permanently on their shelves in their skincare/cosmetic aisle.

So what does the Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser claim? It claims to "effectively remove make up leaving skin feeling smoother and refreshed." This too contains eucalyptus, cocoa butter, chamomile and rosemary but with the addition of white tea too.

It comes in a white tube and whilst the packaging is nothing too fancy, there are some similarities with the Liz Earle bottle - check out the motif!

The cleanser comes with a handy (and reasonably good quality) muslin cloth and retails at £3.99 for 200ml - an absolute bargain. Obviously I wanted to give this a go at such a great price and to see if it does match up to my beloved Cleanse & Polish.

So, what did I think?

I was pleasantly surprised! This definitely felt similar to the Liz Earle original but the consistency was noticeably thinner than the Liz Earle cleanser and I felt I had to use more (2 pumps of Liz Earle is more than enough). The scent is exactly the same as the Liz Earle cleanser. It did a brilliant job of removing all my makeup and the muslin cloth felt soft against my skin whilst polishing the product off. My skin felt clean and fresh!

So does it trump Liz Earle? No. It's a brilliant cleanser if you're on a budget (and happen to love the Liz Earle original) but in terms of quality, the Lacura cleanser just doesn't have that same rich consistency as the Liz Earle cleanser.

Will I buy it again? Maybe. But I know I would still go back to my trusty Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish.

Have you tried the Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser? What did you think of it?

P x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig