Review: Benefit Hello Happy Soft Blur Foundation



Benefit are really killing the make up game at the moment with their new product releases. Remember the huge marketing campaign for the BADgal BANG! mascara?

I love Benefit products and have been really impressed with their range in the last year or so so I was intrigued when they started marketing their new Hello Happy foundation,  a soft blur foundation that "looks like skin and feels like nothing at all." 

The foundation is a sheer to medium coverage and contains SPF 15 (woohoo!). It promises natural looking coverage, 12 hour wear and claims to be weightless. I love my light coverage foundations for my everyday make up so this sounded right up my street.

Hello Happy only comes in 12 shades but Benefit claim there is a shade to match all skin tones. My local Benefit counter wasn't yet stocking this range so I had to do a little guess work with swatches that I had seen online and opted for Shade 4 which I was a worried may be a little too pink but surprisingly was a great match for me once blended in to the skin.

First off, how cute is the packaging? Benefit never fail to impress with their quirky packaging. The foundation comes in a square plastic bottle with a rose gold/metallic pink lid which screws off to reveal a "squeezy" head. I can't say I'm too keen on this type of bottle as sometimes you can over-squeeze and end up with too much product but it is easy to control the flow.



The foundation is super light-weight and a little watery in consistency. It dries quite quickly once blended in to the skin so you have to work quickly. The consistency is very similar to MAC Face & Body Foundation but the finish is completely different. MAC Face & Body is more dewy and sheer whereas one layer of Hello Happy gives a good amount of coverage with a semi-matte finish. I'm not a fan of a matte finish, however, I loved the finish of this foundation. It's definitely buildable but feels light on the skin - kind of like a tinted moisturiser.

I applied the foundation with a damp BeautyBlender which gave an even finish, however, if I was in a rush I would use a dense brush, for example, Real Techniques Buffing Brush, for quick and easy application. 

I like this foundation but there are definitely others on the market that do the same job. I will always be faithful to my trusty MAC Face & Body Foundation but I'm happy (no pun intended) to use this for the coming summer months when the weather is too hot for anything other than sheer/light coverage foundations. 

Here's a photo of me wearing Hello Happy:



As you can see, it really does give a lovely blurring effect to the skin. I usually use some sort of radiant/illuminating base before my foundation or mixed in but for the purposes of trying this foundation I just used MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage primer underneath. My make up sat great on top of the foundation and stayed put until I removed it in the evening - impressive!


Will you be trying out Hello Happy? 

P x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig