Review: Nars - The 2018 Orgasm Collection



It's no secret that Nars is one of my favourite make up brands. From the sleek, chic packaging to the seriously incredible quality of their products - Nars can do no wrong. My first Nars purchase was Dolce Vita blush. You could say from then on it became an addiction.

It's always exciting when brands release new collections but something was different about the Nars 2018 Orgasm Collection. If you've been following my Instagram for a while then you'll know Orgasm is my favourite blusher EVER! So when Nars announced they were releasing a collection of Orgasm products, you know I am going to be first in line!


Nars Orgasm is a cult Nars blush that is pinky peach with flecks of gold shimmer. It literally screams summer and once the hot weather arrives, you can pretty much guarantee this will be on my cheeks.

The collection consists of an Illuminating Loose Powder, Afterglow Lip Balm and a Limited Edition Oversized Orgasm Blusher. 

The first thing I read was illuminating loose powder and I was super excited! I love the shimmery glow of the original blusher so I was excited as to how this would look in the form of a loose highlighting powder. The lip balm also caught my eye - I cannot resist a shimmery pink/peach lipstick for the summer months and a shimmery balm sounded right up my street.

Since I already have an Orgasm blusher and haven't yet hit pan, I decided not to buy the LE version and instead opted for the illuminating powder and lip balm.



Nars Illuminating Loose Powder - £23


The Illuminating Loose Powder comes housed in sleek rose gold cardboard packaging. I was expecting it to be bigger than it was in all honesty but you still get a lot of product and a little goes a loooong way. 

The powder is housed in a pretty, clear plastic pot with a black lid. I love the packaging as it's minimalist but chic. The loose powder is contained beneath a plastic cover with holes so you can tap out as much as you need. It is a little messy when opening and closing!

The powder itself is stunning. A gorgeous rose-gold colour with undertones of the pink and peach found within the original Orgasm blusher. It's super-pigmented so you only need the slightest amount for a gorgeous glow. I am excited to use this on my eyelids too as a shimmery shadow. 

It could also be used as a shimmery blush which would add a subtle wash of colour as well as a gorgeous glow to the cheeks. I love it!
The lip balm comes in a rose gold casing which is gorgeous. There is a little weight to the lip balm too makes it feel that little bit more luxurious.

The balm is super moisturising and leaves a shimmery sheen on the lips. The pink is ever so subtle on my lips but still pretty for the days when I don't want to wear lipstick but still want a little shimmer.

A little pricey for a lip balm but the gorgeous packaging sure makes up for it!

Top: Illuminating Loose Powder, Bottom: Afterglow Lip Balm

Nars have since announced the release of the Orgasm Full Vinyl Lip Lacquer that looks divine. I'm not even a lip gloss girl but it looks so pretty. It's releasing in the UK in July.

Do you love Nars Orgasm blusher? Did you/will you be buying anything from The 2018 Orgasm Collection?

P x










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Priya Talks Lipstick
Blogger Templates made by pipdig